Saturday, December 4, 2010

Contemporary Teak Buffet

One of my favorite pieces of furniture is a sideboard or buffet. To me, a dining room is where the treasures of a household are kept- the silver cutlery, the china, and all the trappings of a beautiful table setting. I think this is why the buffet is my favorite- it is like the safe deposit-box where all the family treasures are hidden away until they are called upon for a special occasion.

This Asian-inspired buffet recalls a hip mid-century modern Japanese mizuya dansuthat I bought at the Tokyodome flea market some years back...but this is on a much larger scale, and more suited towards a home with an eclectic collection of furniture or as a organic balance to a sleek contemporary home ($3500).


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...