Friday, October 15, 2010

Movie Sets I Would Live In- Elephant Walk

















I've
always said that if I could build an important home it would be something like the one that Elizabeth Taylor is the mistress of in "Elephant Walk." This massive plantation home was constructed by set designer/decorators Sam Comer and Grace Gregory. I fell in love immediately with the color scheme: muted grey walls and stone carvings and dramatic black polished wooden floors and dark finished furnishings make a fantastic combination in the tropical setting of Sri Lanka. The general feeling runs a bit "British Colonial" but I can see some stylized elephant themes running through the house in carvings. One of the best parts of the movies is an indoor bicycle polo match and Elizabeth Taylor gets to decend from the massive staircase to chase out her unwanted guests. Be sure to check this movie out on TCM or netflix!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...