Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Root Down Denver



















I've
not had a chance to post since Thursday, and I've missed it! I was in Denver visiting family, and have LOTS of great new things to share with you this week. The first thing is that I am blogging from William Miller Design's new store location at 70020 Highway 111 in Rancho Mirage, next to Bangkok 5. We aren't open yet, but will be ready to sell home accessories, home furnishings, candles, books, and holiday decor next week (we're planning a soft opening next Monday). We will continue to offer our interior design services to the Desert communuties of Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, and La Quinta, as well as Orange County and Los Angeles.

One of the fabulous places that I was able to eat in Denver was Root Down. Their aim, according to their website is to connect to a neighborhood in the same way that ingredients are connected to food. The food (all organic and as locally sourced as possible), was fantastic. The decor is eclectic, the owners having repurposed a gas station into a dining station. They kept many of the contents of the station intact, which was just as fun and a great break from a stuffy dining room. I loved the air compressor that was turned into a hostesses podium! I also loved my Crab Benedict!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...