Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu

I've been so hard at work on the store that I have kind of put Thanksgiving off to the side. I still need to order a turkey, since I am going to have 18 people for dinner and 9 house guests for the weekend. I managed to write out my menu:






Appetizers:

Vegetarian Pate (Not a vegetarian, I just like how this tastes)
Local Dates wrapped in bacon and stuffed with goat cheese
Wasabi Deviled Eggs

Main Courses:

Ham (Bill insists on a ham)
30# Turkey (I am going to use a lemon-infused brine)

Sides:

Kale-Apple Salad
Chestnut Stuffing
Corn and Haricort Vert Casserole
Red Miso Glazed Carrots
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Cranberry Sauce
Mashed Potatoes

Desserts:

Maple Cake
Cherry Pie
Pumpkin Pie

Some of these selections are a little untraditional, but it is nice to mix it up every few years. I LOVE this stuffing recipe. I've been making it for about 15 years. It doesn't have the traditional thyme in it, instead it calls for Allspice and Cinnamon and boiled chestnuts. I make an extra pan because it goes so fast!

Most of my family is coming for the weekend, and our gatherings usually end up being centered on movies, some hikes, eating lots of leftovers, and playing games (our favorite is a homespun game called 'celebrity' which you only need pencils and paper for. It's a hoot!

Not sure about our centerpiece...but I'm thinking about it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...